Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Breakfast of ... well ME!

I get asked pretty frequently why I haven't posted about breakfast, or posted some breakfast recipes. Never fear, there will be some to come. In the meantime, feast your eyes on this.

Most mornings my breakfast consists of  Brown Cow brand greek yogurt, combined with some sort of fresh fruit, and a packet of Stevia. Sprinkle on some form of Grape Nuts type breakfast cereal and breakfast is complete. I choose to actually have something to chew on for breakfast (as opposed to blending all this into a smoothy or shake.) I find the act of actually eating much more satisfying than drinking my meal.

This meal, which is actually VERY filling is only 186 calories! On top of the low calorie count it also packs a whopping 24 g of protein. The greek yogurt has TWO TIMES the amount of protein of regular yogurt.

Why do I choose to make my own morning yogurt? Have you read the ingredient list on the "flavored yogurts out there? It's scary! I don't want fruit flavor, I want FRUIT, and I want it fresh. :)

Why Brown Cow Brand? Again look at the label. The only ingredients in this type of yogurt are non fat milk and 5 live active cultures. No pectin, no preservatives. The texture is smooth and creamy and there's no funky aftertaste. I probably ought to be paid to endorse this product I love it so much!

Happy Breakfast Friends!

Much love,
Alisha xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment