Wednesday, February 9, 2011

911... What are the ingredients in your recipe?

I was running short on time this evening when it came time to make something for dinner at work. I have all of these amazing ingredients at my finger tips, but no way to make them work before getting to work. SO... I packed them up and brought them with me. I did combine the tuna and the mayo at home, but the rest of what you see was totally assembled at work. I suppose that is one of the blessings of being on graveyard shift.

911 Tuna Salad
1 serving 312 calories

  • 1 can chunk light tuna in water
  • 1 Tbsp light mayo
  • 1/4 avocado chopped
  • 1/4 avocado sliced*
  • 1/2 stalk celery chopped
  • 1/2 stalk celery sticks*
  • 1/2 medium tomato chopped
  • 1/2 medium tomato wedged*
  • salt and pepper to taste
Combine the tuna and mayo, add the chopped veggies and mix gently to combine, fold in the chopped avocado. Season with salt and pepper.

Arrange the sliced veggies on the plate and top with the salad. Admire, then eat. :)

* you could just as easily chop the entire 1/2 avocado, celery stalk and tomato. I think half the fun of eating, and especially eating healthy is how it looks. If I'm just spooning out some glop I made from a plastic container, I'm not typically going to enjoy my meal as much as if it's visually appealing. So, my bit of advise is this: Take the time to plate your meal, enjoy the beauty in the food you create. Ultimately, you'll enjoy it all the more.


Much love,
Alisha xoxoxo

1 comment:

  1. Looks beautiful! Almost makes me wish I liked tomoatoes!!!

    ReplyDelete