Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Orange Ginger Glazed Asparagus

Finding myself with a few oranges left from a case that I purchased a couple of weeks back, I decided I needed to find a way to use some of them up, and this was born. I think it's really yummy. I hope you do too.


Orange Ginger Glazed Asparagus


2 Servings
134 calories, 4 calories from fat

1 Bunch asparagus, trimmed
Juice of 4 or 5 oranges
1 T. Honey
1 T. apple cider vinegar
1 t. freshly grated ginger
1 clove garlic grated.

Mix all ingredients except asparagus in a small sauce pan. bring to a boil and simmer until it's reduced around 10 to 15 minutes.
Place the asparagus in a warmed saute pan and heat through (spray the pan with some non stick spray if you'd like. I had a friend give me a Misto and now I can use my own olive oil instead of an aerosol propelled canola oil. I love it!)
pour the sauce over the asparagus and boil for a couple of minutes longer.

I topped this with some pre-cooked shrimp that I just warmed up, but it could just as easily be served alone or with chicken. The shrimp added 72 calories.

Much love,
Alisha xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment