Monday, April 25, 2011

Raw? Yes, RAW.

Tomato Soup seemed like a nice leap. I've been doing green smoothies in the mornings, or whenever, really. I started thinking it would be nice to branch out into some other arenas, and since we're getting closer to gardening time, I am celebrating with this raw tomato soup... getting ready for when I'm able to harvest my very own. Of course I'm eating this soup at room temperature, to preserve the "raw" nature. But you could easily heat/cook it if you chose. I think it would alter the flavor.

Raw Tomato Soup
1 serving
83 calories, 8 calories from fat


1 lb tomatoes quartered
1 oz green bell pepper
4 basil leaves
1 sprig oregano
1 clove garlic
onion salt to taste

blend until smooth. it takes on a creamy look.  I also think it would be lovely with maybe a teaspoon of olive oil added... I may try that next time. totally delicious!

If you're lucky enough to have a Vitamix or Blentec blender I'm jealous, you'll be able to get this to a nice smooth consistency.
black pepper to taste

No comments:

Post a Comment